Wondering if Costco is worth it for vegans? While I can’t answer that for you, I hope this epic list of Costco vegan food is helpful!
In addition to the ginormous list, I’ll also go over some frequently asked questions, along with what I often buy at Costco as a vegan and dietitian (aka- a credentialed food and nutrition expert).
✔ book mark this list for your next shopping trip, and lets get started!
Disclaimer: This post is just providing information and is not a substitute for medical or dietary advice. Talk to your doctor before starting new supplements or making major dietary changes. See our Disclaimers for more details.
*Consumer Notice: This post contains affiliate links that are marked in this manner: (*affiliate link)”. If you click on these links and purchase, I earn a commission at no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally published on 8/24/22. The updated date is listed above.
For a sneak peak of what a actual vegan and dietitian buys at Costco, Check out my video (and more on these items at the end of this article)!
Vegan Items at Costco (Epic List By Category)
Aside from the obvious single ingredient fresh produce, what other items at Costco are vegan?
Here is a list sorted by category.
Important note: while we think our list is pretty epic, it would be challenging to list every item at Costco that is vegan. So this list is not complete!
Also, some items may not be available at all Costco stores, or, ingredients may have changed. Check the ingredients list..
Single item produce, like a bag lettuce or fruit-such as the grapes pictured above, should be vegan.
So alot of stuff in the section are vegan products.
Still, you can always check, and you want to do a double take on the already prepped items.
For example, vegetable trays might include a creamy dressing with dairy, some salad kits might contain meat, etc.
As an FYI: we are not listing every single canned or packaged vegetable or fruit here. While they are likely vegan, check the ingredients. Some breads are included here, but not bakery items.
- S&W Organic Garbanzo Beans
- S&W Organic Black Beans
- Prego Pasta Sauce Low Sodium
- Kirkland Signature Marinara Sauce
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Orchard Valley Harvest Salad Topper Glazed Pecans with Dried Sweetened Cranberries & Pepitas
- Orgain Protein Powder (Organic Protein + Probiotics, Organic Protein + Superfoods, Organic Protein + 50 Superfoods, Simple Plant protein Powder Creamy Vanilla)
- Orgain Plant Protein Protein Shake (Creamy Chocolate)
- Banza Chickpea Rotini (*affiliate link)
I love to have a high protein/ fiber pasta on hand to add to the mix for a fast dinner option!
- Bamboo Lane Organic Brown Rice Rollers
- Kirkland Signature Organic Peanut Butter
- Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
- PB fit Organic Peanut Butter Powder
- Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa
- Kirkland Signature Creamy Almond Butter
- Kirkland Signature Mixed Nut Butter With Seeds
- Kirkland Signature Pecan Halves
- Kirkland Signature Extra Fancy or Unsalted Mixed Nuts
- Kirkland Signature Dry Roasted or Supreme Whole Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Pine Nuts
- Kirkland Signature Walnut Halves
- Kirkland Signature Marcona Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Whole Fancy, Unsalted, and Organic Unsalted, Unroasted Cashews
- Kirkland Signature Shelled and In-Shell Pistachios
- Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Super Extra-Large Peanuts
- Harvested For You Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Go Raw Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Mayorga Organic Chia Seeds
- A-Sha Tainan Style Noodles
- Seeds Of Change Organic Chia Kale & Rice and Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic Pouches
- Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Organic Bread
- Sacramento Baking Co Sourdough Bread
- Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- Kirkland Signautre Organic Hemp Hearts
- Made In Nature Fruit Fusion SuperBerry Super Snacks Organic Dried Fruit & Seeds, Dried Mango, Goji Berries, and Deglet Noor Dates
- Made in Nature Organic Calimyrna Figs
- Kirkland Signature Whole Dried Blueberries
- Kirkland Signature Sunsweet Whole Dried Plums
- Nature’s Garden Organic Trail Mix Snack Packs
- Kirkland Signature Organic Fruit and Vegetable Pouches
- Kirkland Signature Organic Applesauce
- Bamboo Lane Organic Crunchy Rice Rollers
- GoGo SqueeZ Organic Applesauce
- Pure Organic Layered Fruit Bars (Variety Pack)
- Mott’s Organic Apple Sauce
- Kirkland Signature Organic Animal Crackers
- Happy Snacks Animal Crackers
- Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws Sea Salt
- Kirkland Signature Organic Roasted Seaweed Snack
- Ocean’s Halo Organic Seaweed Snack
- Snack Factory Organic Pretzel Crisps
- Made Good Granola Mini’s (*affiliate link)
These snacks are so tasty and convenient for on the go (and my daughters is a fan too)!
- Gardetto’s Snack Mix, Original
- Kirkland Signature Red Grapefruit Cups
- Kirkland Signature Organic White & Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Ritz Crackers – The Original (Nabisco)
- Siete Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips
- That’s It Mini Fruit Bars
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers
- Chex Mix, Traditional
- Stacy’s Pita Chips (Simply Naked)
- Simply Protein Crispy Bars Variety Pack
- CanDo Krisp Plant-Based Protein Bar Variety Pack
- Clif Bars (including Clif Bar Variety Pack (Creamy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Flavors, Chocolate Brownie, Clif Kid Organic Zbar, Clif Builders (chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint, and Cliff Thins NSnack Bar Variety pack (chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia nut flavors))
- Nature Valley Chewy Fruit & Nut Trail Mix Granola Bars
- SkinnyPop Organic Popcorn (FYI: Not the Aged White Cheddar flavor)
- No Sugar Keto Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, and Chocolate Mint Bars
- Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers
- Triscuit Organic Original Crackers (*affiliate link)
I typically have a stash of these on hand! My daughter loves to dip them in hummus!
- Wheat Thins Original (Nabisco)
- RW Garcia Organic 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers
- Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- Off the Eaten Path Veggie Crisps
- Bobo’s Oat Bites and PB&Js Oat Sandwich Bars
- Innofoods Organic Coconut Keto Clusters and Organic Almond & Pecan Clusters
- Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists Original Pretzels
- Pringles Potato Chips, Original
- Premium Saltine Crackers Original
- Quinn Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets
- Orville Redenbacher’s Original Popping Corn
- Gourmet Nut Power Up Trail Mix
- Second Nature Trail Mix, Wholesome Medley, 1.5 oz, 16-count
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs Vegan White Cheddar (*affiliate link)
Whoe needs white Cheetos when there is a vegan taste-a like?
- BelVita Breakfast Biscuit, Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Blueberry flavors
- Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- Sun-Maid Raisins (plain)
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar, Variety Pack
- Kellogg’s Club Crackers, Original
- Nature’s Garden Omega-3 Deluxe Mix
- Prana Organic Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Trail Mix
- Field + Farmer Snack Bars
- Hoody’s Harvest Grove Trail Mix
- Pretzilla Soft Pretzel Bites
- Sunrise Organic Energy Bars (read my full review of these here!)
Baking Items-For Delicious Vegan Recipes 😉
Spices are not mentioned here. They are likely vegan- just double check the ingredients.
- Kirkland Signature Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- The Essential Baking Company Organic Bake-At-Home Sourdough Bread
- Kirkland Signature Organic Maple Syrup
- Kirkland Signature Organic Blue Agave
- Kirkland Signature Almond Flour
- Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kirlkland Signature Organic Sugar
- Kirkland Signature Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Namaste Organic Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend
- Humm! Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Kirkland Signature Organic Hummus Single Serve Cups
- Ajinomoto Yakisoba with Vegetables
- Wholly Guacamole Organic Mild Guacamole
- Kirkland Signature Organic Chunky Guacamole
- Kirkland Signature Organic Strawberry Spread
- Kibun Foods Healthy Noodle
- Jongga Kimchi, Sliced Napa Cabbage
- Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole Mini Cup
- Violife Just like Cheddar Shreds and Mozzarella Shreds (*affiliate link)
I like to use this cheese on vegan pizza when I’m in a pinch! It is also fortified with vitamin B12!
- Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Hint of Sea Salt
- Field Roast Chao Cheese (vegan “cheese”) Slices, Creamy Original
- Bitchin’ Sauces
- Mateo’s Gourment Salsa
- Good Foods Plant Based Buffalo Style Dip
- Plant Based Babybel (I give my thoughts on these in my review here!)
Plant Based Beverages
This section dosen’t include soda and juice. This is because it is assumed that most juices and sodas are probably vegan (of course, check the label if you are curious)!
- Kirkland Signature Organic Soy Beverage (original and vanilla)
- Silk Organic Almond milk (original and Unsweetened)
- Kirkland Signature Organic Almond Beverage, Chocolate Banana
- Evolve Plant-Based Protein Shake
- Orgain Plant-Based Protein Shake
- Pirq Plant Based Protein Shakes
- Califia Farms Barista Blend AlmondMilk,
- Califia Farms Cafe Oat Barista Choice Oatmilk
- Kirkland Signature Organic Non-Dairy Oat Beverage
- So Delicious Organic Coconut Milk
- Kirkland Signature Organic Almond Beverage, Vanilla
- Kirkland Signature Almond Beverage, original
- Quaker Oats Old Fashioned
- Bob’s Organic Cooking Steel Cut Oats
- Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal Cups
- One Degre Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats
- Mush Overnight Oats Cherry Almond Crunch Cups
- Health Warriors Oatmeal Varity Pack (Apple Walnut and Strawberry Almond Flavors)
- Kellogg’s Raisin Bran Cereal
- Quaker Life Cereal, Original
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal, Brown Sugar
- Nature’s Path Organic Pumpkin + Flax Seeds Granola, Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter (*affiliate link) or Dark Chocolate & Red Berries Granola (*affiliate link)
- Kirkland Signature / Nature’s Path Organic Ancient Grains Probiotic Granola
- Cascadian Farm Organic Blueberry Almond Crunch No Added Sugar Cereal
- Idaho Spuds Golden Grill Hashbrown Potatoes
- Kirkland Signature Organic Pure Maple Syrup (for vegan waffles, pancakes, etc)
- Tattooed Chef Organic Acai Bowls (my review of these is over here) and Plant Based Beef Burrito Bowl
Since there are so many vegan frozen veggies and fruit, we only listed a few blends below. Double check the label, but most of them should be vegan!
Also, for simplicities sake, frozen desserts, such as vegan cinnamon rolls will be listed in the dessert section.
- Kirkland Signature Stir-Fry Vegetable Blend
- Tattooed Chef Organic Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry
- Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Morning Blend
- Morning Star Farms Frozen Chipotle Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Impossible Plant-Based Burger Patties, and Grounds
- Beyond Meat Beyond Burger Patties
- Skinny Butcher Crazy Crispy Chick’N Breasts
- Don Lee Farms Organic Chipotle Black Bean Burgers
- Don Lee Farms Veggie Bites
- Alpha Foods Plant-Based Breakfast Sandwich and Crispy Chik’n Patties
- Filed Roast Classic Nuggets (Plant-Based Nuggets)
- Raised & Rooted Plant Based Nuggets (Tyson)
- Ore-Ida Crinkle Cut Fries
- Tropicland Sweet Potato Fries
- Royal Asia Vegetable Spring Rolls with Edamame
Vegan Options for Dessert
- Heavenly Hunk Organic Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Gluten Free Cookies (*affiliate link)
A dessert option that everyone in the family likes!
- Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- Newtons Fig Cookies
- Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies
- Mott’s Fruit Snacks, Assorted Fruit
- Jonny Pops Organic Watermelon Pops
- Lenny and Larry’s White Chocolate Flavored Macadamia Cookie
- Bouchard Belgian Napolitains Premium Dark Chocolate
- Amki Sesame Thins
- Cracker Jack, Original
- Annie’s Organic Cinnamon Rolls
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Coconut Minis
- Beast Cookie Co. Energy Cookies
- Chocxo Organic Chocolate Keto Snaps
- Kiss My Keto Gummy Candy Fish Friends
- Cado Avocado Frozen Dessert Deep Dark Chocolate (*affiliate link)-below
Sure there have been a few flops in the vegan frozen dessert category, but even some non vegans in my family think Cado’s is pretty sweet and creamy!
While I wouldn’t necessarily call it a “health food” as a Dietitian, I appreciate that the first ingredient is avocado puree (how cool is that?). Also, the saturated fat content is lower than a lot of other ice creams I have seen (Cado’s Deep Dark Chocolate flavor has 2 grams of saturated fat per serving).
Costco Vegan Products I Buy as a Dietitian Who is Plant Based!
As dietitian who eats plant based, I love Costco!
Costco has so many great bulk deals that I take advantage of as a vegan who consumes lots of produce, healthy grains, legumes, nuts and seeds!
Here’s a quick summary of the things that I buy frequently:
- Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa
- Organic Tofu
- Canned Organic black beans and garbanzo beans
- Frozen Veggies: Kirkland Signature’s stir fry blend, and mixed veggies and broccoli are some of my favorites!
- Frozen fruit: Cherries, and Kirkland Signature berries, etc.
- Fresh Produce: (ex: apples, pears, carrots)
- Harvest Snap Baked Peas Snacks (*affiliate link)
- Nature’s Path Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola (*affiliate link)
Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa
I love cooking this till it’s nice and fluffy! It has less of a bitter taste than some other quinoa’s that I’ve tried.
Quinoa is carbohydrate rich whole food plant based product that adds protein and has a decent distribution of all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein(1)! In it self, it’s also gluten free if that is important to you!
Tofu provides important nutrients, such as plant based protein, choline, and calcium (more when calcium when fortified -check the nutrition facts). These are three dietary components may be a bit more tricky to stay on top of on a vegan diet if you aren’t paying attention to nutrition!
I enjoy using tofu in a variety of dishes. From tofu scramble, to stir-fries and no egg tofu salad sandwiches. In my experience, Costco also usually has a great deal on tofu-so I make sure I grab some just about every trip I make there!
S & W Black Beans and Garbanzo Beans
I use some form of legume just about everyday, and the organic S&W ones have non BPA can lining! Legumes add protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and nutrients like plant based iron!
I love to eat them as is or mixed with quinoa, on salads, in black bean brownies etc.
Whole Food Fruit and Veggies ( + Frozen Ones Too!)
Costco often has great deals if you want to stock up on whole and frozen fruits and veggies! I buy some of both.
Because i eat so much as a vegan, it really is a great deal for me! I know that other stores also have great deals on these items, so it’s good to compare.
I like to have a stash of different nuts on hand, cashews, hazel nuts, pecans, walnuts, etc!
Harvest Snaps Baked Green Pea Lightly Salted Snacks
I personally prefer these to chips! I’m also quite impressed by the amount of fiber and plant based protein they have.
I won’t say much more about these because I actually wrote a whole review of them!
Nature’s Path Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola
I love to sprinkle this in with another vegan cereal, like toasted O’s! It is really decadent and the peanut butter flavor is there, but not super intense.
My daughter and husband are also fans!
If you don’t want to get a big bag yet, you can try it out at another store like Amazon/ whole foods below (*affiliate link):
Costco Vegan Food FAQ
Single item produce, juice, nuts, and canned vegetables/legumes are likely to be vegan at Costco.
Of course, it’s important to read the ingredients and contact the company if you have any questions!
Common ingredients found in non vegan food items include:
Dairy (ie: cheese, yogurt, milk, whey, lactose, butter fat, etc)
Fish or fish oil
Gelatin (may be found in certain types of cereal, nuts, marshmallows, etc)
Some countries require specific allergens to be listed on the food package. While not a fool proof method, this can assist with identifying non vegan products (for example, the allergens statement might say: “contains dairy” or other animal products).
Unfortunately, there is not a hard and fast answer for this question because:
1. Costco.com suggests you speak with a team member at the Costco food court or use the “Contact Section” on their website for info about nutrition.
2. Different locations may carry different items, and some may be seasonal
3. Some vegan substitutes may not be available at all locations.
Here is a list of items that may be vegan at Costco’s food court (if they are available near you, you can always ask if they are vegan):
vegan al pastor salad
vegan acai bowl
plain pizza – if you ask for no cheese.
I’ve got you! This article about grocery shopping as a vegan goes over what to keep on your radar with nutrition in mind.
A few quick tips: try to organize your grocery list by frozen, freezer, and room temp. That way, you (hopefully) won’t be running around the store all scatter brained!
2. Before you buy in bulk ask yourself: Will my family and I eat this before it goes bad? Do I already have enough of this item at home? As a meal planner, will this item do I know how to cook this item (or do I have access to that info?)
I hope this article was super duper helpful! If you are on a 100% plant based diet for ethical reasons, remember- you may want to double check the ingredients to find out if they align with your values.
Let me know in the comments below- what’s are your favorite Vegan Costco products? Do you prefer Trader Joes?
Want to read more? Check out these other posts going over other vegan topics like:
-Vegan Hiking Snacks
– Vegan Quotes for When it Gets Tough
–Plant Based Diet Books (Dietitian selected!)
Keep up with my new articles, vegan food reviews, and podcast episodes by subscribing to the Plant Powered You e-mail subscribers list ❤