Wondering if Costco is worth it for vegans? While we can’t answer that for you, we hope our guide to Costco vegan food is helpful!
In this article, we’ll discuss the vegan items at this store, frequently asked questions, and as bonus- some plant based foods Dietitians actually buy!
So, grab your shopping list, and lets get started!
Disclaimer: This post is not a substitute for medical or dietary advice. Talk to your doctor before starting new supplements or making major dietary changes. See our Disclaimers for more details.
*Consumer Notice: This post contains affiliate links that are marked in this manner: (affiliate link)”. If you click on these links and purchase, I earn a commission at no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan Items at Costco By Category
Aside from the obvious single ingredient fresh produce, what other items at Costco are vegan?
Here is a list:
Important note: while we think our list is pretty epic, it would be challenging to list every item at Costco that is vegan. So this list is not completely comprehensive. Also some items may not be available at all Costco stores, or, ingredients may have changed. Check the ingredients list or contact the individual companies if you have questions.
If you don’t see an ingredients list on the produce bag/box, or only see one ingredient (example: “carrots” or “peaches”)? It’s almost always vegan!
So while most items in this category should be vegan, double any already prepped items that might be in the fresh produce section.
For example, vegetable trays might include a creamy dressing with dairy, some salad kits might contain meat, etc.
As an FYI: we are not listing every single canned or packaged vegetable or fruit here. While they are likely vegan, check the ingredients label.
Also, while we listed a few packaged breads, we did not include bakery items for simplicities sake. Again, take a look at the ingredients and ask a store employee about the bakery items if you have questions!
- S&W Organic Garbanzo Beans
- S&W Organic Black Beans
- Prego Pasta Sauce Low Sodium
- Kirkland Signature Marinara Sauce
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Orchard Valley Harvest Salad Topper Glazed Pecans with Dried Sweetened Cranberries & Pepitas
- Orgain Protein Powder (Organic Protein + Probiotics, Organic Protein + Superfoods, Organic Protein + 50 Superfoods, Simple Plant protein Powder Creamy Vanilla)
- Orgain Plant Protein Protein Shake (Creamy Chocolate)
- Banza Chickpea Rotini
- Bamboo Lane Organic Brown Rice Rollers
- Kirkland Signature Organic Peanut Butter
- Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
- PB fit Organic Peanut Butter Powder
- Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa
- Kirkland Signature Creamy Almond Butter
- Kirkland Signature Mixed Nut Butter With Seeds
- Kirkland Signature Pecan Halves
- Kirkland Signature Extra Fancy or Unsalted Mixed Nuts
- Kirkland Signature Dry Roasted or Supreme Whole Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Pine Nuts
- Kirkland Signature Walnut Halves
- Kirkland Signature Marcona Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Whole Fancy, Unsalted, and Organic Unsalted, Unroasted Cashews
- Kirkland Signature Shelled and In-Shell Pistachios
- Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- Kirkland Signature Super Extra-Large Peanuts
- Harvested For You Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Go Raw Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Mayorga Organic Chia Seeds
- A-Sha Tainan Style Noodles
- Seeds Of Change Organic Chia Kale & Rice and Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic Pouches
- Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Organic Bread
- Sacramento Baking Co Sourdough Bread
- Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- Made In Nature Fruit Fusion SuperBerry Super Snacks Organic Dried Fruit & Seeds, Dried Mango, Goji Berries, and Deglet Noor Dates
- Made in Nature Organic Calimyrna Figs
- Kirkland Signature Whole Dried Blueberries
- Kirkland Signature Sunsweet Whole Dried Plums
As a reminder, the Costco vegan snacks listed below may or may not be at your specific store, or ingredients could have changed!
- Nature’s Garden Organic Trail Mix Snack Packs
- Kirkland Signature Organic Fruit and Vegetable Pouches
- Kirkland Signature Organic Applesauce
- Bamboo Lane Organic Crunchy Rice Rollers
- GoGo SqueeZ Organic Applesauce
- Mott’s Organic Apple Sauce
- Kirkland Signature Organic Animal Crackers
- Happy Snacks Animal Crackers
- Sensible Portions Garden Veggie Straws Sea Salt
- Kirkland Signature Organic Roasted Seaweed Snack
- Snack Factory Organic Pretzel Crisps
- Kirkland Signature Red Grapefruit Cups
- Kirkland Signature Organic White & Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Ritz Crackers – The Original (Nabisco)
- Siete Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips
- That’s It Mini Fruit Bars
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers
- Stacy’s Pita Chips (Simply Naked)
- Simply Protein Crispy Bars Variety Pack
- Clif Bars (including Clif Bar Variety Pack (Creamy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Flavors, Chocolate Brownie, Clif Kid Organic Zbar, Clif Builders (chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint, and Cliff Thins NSnack Bar Variety pack (chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia nut flavors))
- Nature Valley Chewy Fruit & Nut Trail Mix Granola Bars
- SkinnyPop Organic Popcorn (FYI: Not the Aged White Cheddar flavor)
- No Sugar Keto Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, and Chocolate Mint Bars
- Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers
- Triscuit Organic Original Crackers
- Wheat Thins Original (Nabisco)
- RW Garcia Organic 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers
- Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- Off the Eaten Path Veggie Crisps
- Bobo’s Oat Bars and Oat Bites
- Innofoods Organic Coconut Keto Clusters
- Snyder’s of Hanover Mini Pretzels
- Pringles Potato Chips, Original
- Premium Saltine Crackers Original
- Quinn Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets
- Orville Redenbacher’s Original Popping Corn
- Gourmet Nut Power Up Trail Mix
- Second Nature Trail Mix, Wholesome Medley, 1.5 oz, 16-count
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs Vegan White Cheddar
- BelVita Breakfast Biscuit, Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Blueberry flavors
- Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- Sun-Maid Raisins (plain)
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar, Variety Pack
- Keebler Club Crackers, Original
- Nature’s Garden Omega-3 Deluxe Mix
- Prana Organic Kilimanjaro Deluxe Chocolate Trail Mix
- Field + Farmer Snack Bars
- Hoody’s Harvest Grove Trail Mix
- Pretzilla Soft Pretzel Bites
- Sunrise Organic Energy Bars
Baking Items-For Delicious Vegan Recipes 😉
Spices should be vegan.
- Kirkland Signuatre Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- The Essential Baking Company Organic Bake-At-Home Sourdough Bread
- Kirkland Signature Organic Maple Syrup
- Kirkland Signature Organic Blue Agave
- Kirkland Signature Almond Flour
- Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kirlkland Signature Organic Sugar
- Kirkland Signuature Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Namaste Organic Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend
- Humm! Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Kirkland Signautre Organic Hummus Single Serve Cups
- Ajinomoto Yakisoba with Vegetables
- Wholly Guacamole Organic Mild Guacamole
- Kirkland Signuate Organic Chuny Guacamole
- Kirkland Signature Organic Strawberry Spread
- Kibun Foods Healthy Noodle
- Jongga Kimchi, Sliced Napa Cabbage
- Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole Mini Cup
- Violife Just like Mozzarella and Cheddar Shreds
- Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Hint of Sea Salt
- Field Roast Chao Cheese (vegan “cheese”) Slices, Creamy Original
- Bitchin’ Sauces
- Mateo’s Gourment Salsa
- Good Foods Plant Based Buffalo Style Dip
Plant Based Beverages
As an FYI: this section is dedicated to plant based “milks,” and does not include soda and juice. This is because it is assumed that most juices and sodas are probably vegan (of course, check the label if you are curious)!
- Kirkland Signature Organic Soy Beverage (original and vanilla)
- Silk Organic Almond milk (original and Unsweetened)
- Kirkland Signature Organic Almond Beverage, Chocolate Banana
- Califia Farms Barista Blend AlmondMilk,
- Califia Farms Cafe Oat Barista Choice Oatmilk
- So Delicious Organic Coconut Milk
- Kirkland Signature Organic Almond Beverage, Vanilla
- Kirkland Signature Almond Beverage, original
Some cereals and oatmeal that you might find at Costco!
- Quaker Oats Old Fashioned
- Bob’s Organic Cooking Steel Cut Oats
- Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal Cups
- One Degre Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats
- Mush Overnight Oats Cherry Almond Crunch Cups
- Health Warriors Oatmeal Varity Pack (Apple Walnut and Strawberry Almond Flavors)
- Kellogg’s Raisin Bran Cereal
- Quaker Life Cereal, Original
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal, Brown Sugar
- Nature’s Path Organic Pumpkin + Flax Seeds Granola
- Kirkland Signature / Nature’s Path Organic Ancient Grains Probiotic Granola
- Cascadian Farm Organic Blueberry Almond Crunch No Added Sugar Cereal
- Idaho Spuds Golden Grill Hashbrown Potatoes
- Kirkland Signature Organic Pure Maple Syrup (for vegan waffles, pancakes, etc)
- Tattooed Chef Organic Acai Bowls and Plant Based Beef Burrito Bowl
Since there are so many vegan frozen veggies and fruit, we only listed a few blends below. Double check the label, but most of them should be vegan!
Also, for simplicities sake, frozen desserts, such as vegan cinnamon rolls will be listed in the dessert section.
- Kirkland Signature Stir-Fry Vegetable Blend
- Tattooed Chef Organic Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry
- Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie Morning Blend
- Morning Star Farms Frozen Chipotle Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Impossible Plant-Based Burger Patties, and Grounds
- Beyond Meat Beyond Burger Patties
- Don Lee Farms Organic Chipotle Black Bean Burgers
- Don Lee Farms Veggie Bites
- Alpha Foods Plant-Based Breakfast Sandwich and Crispy Chik’n Patties
- Filed Roast Classic Nuggets (Plant-Based Nuggets)
- Raised & Rooted Plant Based Nuggets (Tyson)
- Ore-Ida Crinkle Cut Fries
- Tropicland Sweet Potato Fries
Vegan Options for Dessert
- Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- Newtons Fig Cookies
- Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies
- Mott’s Fruit Snacks, Assorted Fruit
- Jonny Pops Organic Watermelon Pops
- Bouchard Belgian Napolitains Premium Dark Chocolate
- Annie’s Organic Cinnamon Rolls
- Heavenly Hunk Organic Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Gluten Free Cookies
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Coconut Minis
- Chocxo Organic Chocolate Keto Snaps
- Cado Avocado Frozen Dessert Deep Dark Chocolate
I personally really enjoy the ice cream (ok, vegan “ice cream”) that comes from Cado!
Sure there have been a few flops in the vegan frozen dessert category, but even some non vegans in my family think Cado’s is pretty sweet and creamy!
While I wouldn’t necessarily call it a “health food” as a Dietitian, I appreciate that the first ingredient is avocado puree (how cool is that?). Also, the saturated fat content is lower than a lot of other ice creams I have seen (Cado’s Deep Dark Chocolate flavor has 1.5 grams of saturated fat per serving).
If you don’t want to buy it in bulk from Costco, you can check out other stores that don’t sell them in bulk.
Here is one way to find it below (affiliate link*)- as a reminder, affiliate link means that if you click on the link and purchase, I earn a commission at no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases:
5 Costco Vegan Products Dietitians Actually Buy
We asked Registered Dietitian’s about their go-to vegan Costco products, and here’s what they said!
Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa
“Quinoa is a staple grain for vegans thanks to its complete amino acid profile, complex carbohydrates, and nutrients such as folate, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus. I love using quinoa as a base for Buddha bowls or using it in place of oatmeal, topped with fresh fruit, almond butter, and hemp seeds.”
–Stephanie Wells, MS, RD
Kirkland Signature Organic Chunky Guacamole
“My go to item from Costco are the Kirkland guacamole cups. I love them because they are already portioned out and I can store them in the freezer until I’m ready to eat them so it cuts down on food waste.”
–Ashley Krautkramer, RD, CSOWM, CD, CDCES
Kirkland Signature Organic Soy Non-Dairy Beverage
Compared to other non-dairy milks, soy milk is one of the best in terms of nutrient density. The Kirkland brand is fortified with vitamin B12, vitamin D2, and calcium, all nutrients which can be more challenging to get on a vegan diet. I use soy milk in my coffee, smoothies, oatmeal, and I even use it in creamy pasta sauces and baked goods.
–Stephanie Wells, MS, RD
Kirkland Signature Oat Organic Non-Dairy Beverage
“I really enjoy the Kirkland oat milk. I love it because it’s fortified with vitamins and minerals, including calcium. It has a good taste and I can use it both in coffee and in my oatmeal.”
–Jinan Banna, PhD, RD
Tofu provides important nutrients, such as plant based protein, choline, and calcium (more when calcium when fortified -check the nutrition facts). These are three dietary components may be more difficult to get enough of on a vegan diet if you aren’t paying attention to nutrition!
I enjoy using tofu in a variety of dishes. From tofu scramble, to stir-fries and no egg salad sandwiches. In my experience, Costco also usually has a great deal on tofu-so I make sure I grab some just about every trip I make there!
Costco Vegan Food FAQ
How do I identify the vegan products Costco carries?
Single item produce, juice, nuts, and canned vegetables/legumes are likely to be vegan at Costco.
To be sure, read the ingredients and contact the company if you have any questions!
Common ingredients found in non vegan include:
- Dairy (ie: cheese, yogurt, milk, whey, lactose, butter fat, etc)
- Fish or fish oil
- Gelatin (may be found in certain types of cereal, nuts, marshmallows, etc)
Some countries require specific allergens to be listed on the food package. While not a fool proof method, this can assist with identifying non vegan products (for example, the allergens statement might say: “contains dairy” or other animal products).
Does the food court have vegan options?
Unfortunately, there is not a hard and fast answer for this question because:
- Costco.com suggests you speak with a team member at the Costco food court or use the “Contact Section” on their website for info about nutrition.
- Different locations may carry different items, and some may be seasonal
- Some vegan substitutes may not be available at all locations.
Here is a list of items that may be vegan at Costco’s food court (if they are available near you, you can always ask if they are vegan):
- vegan al pastor salad
- vegan acai bowl
- plain pizza – if you ask for no cheese
Are the veggie spring rolls at Costco vegan?
No. At least not the “Vegetable Spring Rolls with Edamame” by Royal Asia per Northernchef.com.
The ingredients list includes honey in their soy ginger sauce.
Perhaps this product was vegan in the past. So double check the ingredients!
Anything I should know about making a vegan shopping list?
We got you covered! Our article about grocery shopping as a vegan goes over what to keep on your radar with nutrition in mind.
And just for fun, here are vegan items I almost always buy at Costco:
- Frozen veggies (such as Kirkland Signature’s stir fry blend, broccoli)
- Frozen fruit (for example: cherries, mango, berries)
- Canned beans
Costco has many vegan items to offer!
We’ve also found that many they tend to carry several vegan staples, like beans, whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds.
If you are 100% plant based for ethical reasons, you may want to double check the ingredients to find out if they align with your values. Happy shopping!
Is Costco worth it for vegans? What is your favorite healthy snack from this store? Should we do more reviews of other stores, like Trader Joes? Let us know in the comments below!
And while you’re here, why not explore the blog? We also discuss subjects like vegan cereals (+ healthier cereal options) and hiking snacks!
Sign up for Plant Powered You’s e-mail subscribers list to get updates about our new posts, and…
may the fork be with you!
1 thought on “Costco Vegan Food: The Ultimate Guide + 5 Items Dietitians Buy”